- 1 organic banana – it must be organic since we’re going to boil the entire thing and we don’t want a good dose of pesticides.
- 1 small pan of boiling, filtered – or good quality bottled – water.
- Pinch of organic ground cinnamon.
- Slice the ends off the banana and put the whole thing (minus the ends) into the pan of boiling water.
- Boil for about ten minutes
- Drain the water through a colander into a mug.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and drink before bedtime.
- Apparently the banana goo is edible – so sprinkle some cinnamon on that and nosh away if you like.
Bananas are supposed to be a good source of magnesium and potassium – but non-organic banana skins will also be a good source of pesticides, hence why the banana needs to be organic. Lack of magnesium is a prime cause of poor sleep quality. I suspect Ubermag is a better source of magnesium, but if this tea works, then adding more magnesium can only be a good thing – and children can certainly drink this tea, when they may struggle to swallow a pill.
I found this recipe on a Nutri blog – Nutri make good quality supplements; not as good as the Poliquin brand, but much, much better than the usual rubbish found on the high street – or Amazon.