Cavolo Nero with white wine and balsamic vinegar
It is very important to make veggies taste good then we eat more of them. So here is a really simple idea for making Cavolo Nero taste yum.
- Cavolo Nero
- White wine/dry cinzano
- Balsamic vinegar
- Oil of choice.
- Celtic sea salt.
- Wash the cavolo nero and chop it up into smallish pieces, keeping the thicker stalks separate.
- Pour a layer of wine or cinzano over the bottom of a saucepan
- Put the stalks at the bottom of the saucepan then the leaves above
- Pour over a little balsamic vinegar. How much depends upon the quality of the vinegar. Thicker ones generally need less.
- Cover with a well fitting lid, bring to the boil then leave to simmer until nearly done.
- Stir it all about and add some oil – the type of oil that will suit the rest of the meal.
- Continue to cook, covered, until tender.
- Add salt to taste. Add pepper if appropriate to the meal.