- 4 organic chicken thighs. (Or 2 legs will be just as good)
- 1 unwaxed,organic lemon
- about 3 sticks of rhubarb, organic if possible
- Organic olive oil
- Celtic type sea salt.
- Heat oven to about 150°C for a fan oven/180° C/350° F/Gas mark 4
- Wash the rhubarb and cut into slices about 1 – 2″/2 – 5 cm long.
- Give the lemon a gentle scrub then slice fairly thinly. Quite a good idea to get rid of the pips if possible.
- Smear the bottom of a roasting tin with olive oil and spread the rhubarb and lemon out in this tin.
- Put the chicken on the top. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over each piece and add a sprinkle of the salt.
- Put into oven and leave to cook, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is golden and cooked through and the rhubarb and lemon soft.
- Transfer to serving dish.
I am extremely fond of chicken cooked on sliced lemon – and adding rhubarb makes it even more lovely. I do not add sugar – it is the tartness that we want. The rhubarb goes soft and melting and becomes rather sauce like – but without having to faff about making a sauce.