You could just do the pork mince part of the recipe, or, if you have a big steamer, you can steam the mince as the recipe says.
- 500gm Minced organic pork
- 220gm water chestnuts chopped up small (they come in a plastic bag).
- 2tsp five spice powder
- 1 tblspn grated fresh ginger
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
- 2 tblspn dark tamari soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 beaten egg, organic.
- celtic sea salt.
You can stop the recipe here and just make pork burgers by mixing up all the above ingredients, making into patties and frying. However if you have a steamer you can continue thus:
- 8 large green organic cabbage leaves
- 15floz organic chicken stock
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1tsp approx sweet chilli sauce.
- Mix pork with all the above ingredients from the 1st list.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in the steamer.
- Cut the large stalks out of the cabbage leaves
- Divide the pork mix into 8 and bung in cabbage leaves, rolling them up around the pork
- Put into steamer in 1 layer, joint side down.
- Steam for 15 mins until cabbage tender and cabbage rolls feel firm to a good prod.
- Take out the rolls and keep warm.
- Mix cornflour with 2 tspn water and stir into stock, stirring away until thickened.
- Add sweet chilli sauce to taste.
- Pour over stuffed leaves and serve.
- Pork is a good source of choline, so will give you energy, improve your memory and help prevent fatty liver disease.
Recipe taken from allrecipes.co.uk. By Azmina Govindji. Says it serves 4.