- 2 wild salmon fillets, skinned or not.
- 1tsp fresh ground mace
- 1tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1tsp celtic sea salt
- Juice ½ lemon, freshly squeezed
- 25g/1oz butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225g/8oz spinach, organic
- the other half of the lemon
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill.
- Season the fillets with mace, salt and pepper
- Heat the butter in a big pan, add the garlic and spinach. Stir well.
- Mix in the lemon juice, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Leave for 5 mins.
- Put the salmon fillets under the grill and grill for 2 minutes. (Skin up if not skinned)
- Turn them over and grill for another 2 minutes until a white residue is just appearing.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 1 min.
- Spread the spinach on a serving dish.
- Place the salmon on top.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice
Try to source wild salmon. Farm reared salmon is not a good source of omega 3 because of what they feed the salmon on.
Source of recipe, Good Food Channel. www.uktv.co.uk