- 500g lamb mince – organic
- 1 tsp crushed fennel seeds
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbspn harissa paste
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbspn chopped fresh rosemary
- celtic sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Mix all this up with your hands then shape into individual patties
- Brush with olive oil.
- Grill or fry for 4 mins each side.
The original recipe suggested serving them with this yoghurt sauce:
- 2ooml Full Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tbspn tahini
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ cucumberer, grated.
- Mix all this up and season with salt and pepper.
The recipe is taken from BBC Food Recipes, cheffed by Simon Rimmer.
The reason for giving this recipe, apart from it being tasty and v quick and proving it is possible to cook with another mince than beef, is that the burgers could be eaten cold for breakfast. It is not an unusual thing to have sausages for breakfast; however sausages usually have dodgy ingredients wrapped in dodgy casings. Making your own burgers the night before means a quick yummy breakfast that will aid concentration all day long. Of course, you could leave out the garlic if needed. Eating porridge or, even worse, some dubious breakfast cereal can only lead to uncontrollable hunger later in the day. Yes, porridge is not as allergenic as gluten, but eaten every day it becomes just as much of a problem as gluten.