- 4 wild salmon steaks.
- 400g/ 1lb fresh spinach.
- 1 tblspn organic coconut oil (or olive oil or clarified organic butter)
- 1 tblspn mango and lime pickle.
- Celtic sea salt.
- Wash the spinach in plenty of water, removing any thick stalks and tearing up any big leaves. Put in a saucepan, bring to the boil and cook for 1 – 2 minutes until just limp. It is unlikely that you will need to add any water.
- Put into a colander and squeeze out the excess water and, if the leaves were big, chop up.
- Heat the oil in a flame-proof casserole that will sit on top of the cooker and add the spinach. Leave to cook for 10 – 15 minutes until the spinach is mushy and any water boiled away.
- Add the mango and lime pickle and salt to taste and stir well.
- Place the salmon steaks on top, cover the casserole and leave to cook gently for 5 – 10 minutes until the salmon is just cooked through.
Other flavourings can be added like orange or lemon zest. Curry paste could also be added at stage 3.