- 500g/1lb lambs liver, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado
- 2 floz avocado oil
- 2 tsp lime juice (or lemon juice)
- salt and pepper
- Finely chopped parsley
- 1 thinly sliced lime (or lemon )
- Heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/Gas mark 2, then put the whole avocado in there for about 15 minutes to warm through.
- Season the sliced liver with salt and pepper.
- Heat the avocado oil in a large frying pan and lightly fry the liver – takes only a minute or two, depending upon the thickness of the slices – and how well you like your liver done.
- Take the avocado out of the oven, peel and slice it thinly.
- Arrange the slices of liver, avocado and lime on a serving dish, sprinkle with parsley and serve.
This is a very satisfying dish to eat, and so you may not need any stodge at all. But it will need vegetables or a salad, according to the time of year.