- 1kg/2lb prawns
- 500g/1lb tomatoes, quartered and deseeded.
- 1 teaspoon chopped chilli pepper – or just a red pepper if you’d rather sweetness than heat.
- 1 clove garlic, chopped as small as possible. Optional
- 1 – 2 teaspoon fresh horseradish, grated
- 1 tblspn balsamic or cider vinegar
- 1 tblspn organic olive oil
- Celtic sea salt to taste.
- Put all the ingredients into a big bowl and blitz with a hand held processor – or use a food processor if you have one and have time to clean it out. Get the sauce as smooth as you like.
- Serve with the prawns.
Personally I like little shrimps or small prawns. But if you can source them, you could make this into a posh dish by putting the sauce into a nice bowls, buying the hugest prawns you can find and hanging them over the edge so your guests can dip away.
At the moment, you can find fresh horseradish in the shops. If it is really fresh, then it will make the eyes water. Usually though, it is a bit woody. Still, its fun to use something a bit different.