- Bag of organic Kale (200gm)
- 2 garlic cloves or some fresh ginger, thinly sliced or bashed into bits/grated
- 2 red chilli peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tblsn olive oil or coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt.
- Serves 2 max.
- Heat oil in wok or large pan
- Bung in kale with about 2 tblspns water
- Stir fry about for 5 – 8 mins
- In the final couple of minutes, stir in the garlic or ginger and chilli
- Add some celtic sea salt
Another simple, quick recipe livening up those greens. This will go well with simply prepared meat or fish, or, of course something a bit more jazzy in the oriental or indian line. If time is pressing or feeling too tired to fiddle about with chillis, then could add a pinch of chilli pepper or hot paprika instead; not quite as good, but will still give the kale a lift. Failing this, an extremely generous grind of black pepper will also add a kick.
Recipe found on BBC Good Food. The recipe says it serves 4. No way, unless doing other vegetables as well, of course.