- Organic chicken legs or thighs, with the skin on.
- 1 Kaffir lime leaf per piece of chicken
- Hot paprika or chilli powder
- Knob of coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt.
Serves as many as you need it to.
- Heat the oven to 180° C/350° F/Gas mark 4.
- Melt the coconut oil in an oven proof pan and cover the bottom of the pan with the oil.
- Place a Kaffir lime leaf underneath each piece of chicken as you place the chicken into the pan.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika.
- Roast in the oven until done – about 45 mins.
- Take out of oven and sprinkle with some salt.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
Kafffir lime leaves are absolutely delicious. They are used in Thai cooking and cost a small fortune to buy as leaves from a supermarket. The good news is that a Kaffir lime bush is quite easy to grow – much easier than other citrus plants, and once you’ve got one going, culinary life looks up. If you have time to fiddle, you could stuff part of a leaf under the skin of the chicken pieces, which will further infuse the meat with a wonderful flavour.